The next chapter of World of Warcraft will arrive with the new expansion Battle for Azeroth, as well as classic WoW servers, revealed during the opening ceremony for BlizzCon 2017.
Battle for Azeroth Expansion Cinematic
A new expansion title “Battle for Azeroth” was announced with many of the coming features being shown off. It appears to have a heavy Horde vs Alliance theme based off of the long standing rivalries between the two factions. Images and cinematic of Kul Tiras, a new alliance continent, were shown as well as Zandalar the new Horde continent.
- New Expansion “Battle for Azeroth,” Classic Servers Announced, BlizzCon 2017 Opening Ceremony
- WoW: Battle for Azeroth New Continents, Zones, BlizzCon 2017
- WoW: Battle for Azeroth New Subraces, BlizzCon 2017
- WoW: Battle for Azeroth Leveling Updates, Old World Zone Scaling, Live with 7.3.5
- WoW: Battle for Azeroth Island Expeditions Feature, BlizzCon 2017
- WoW: Battle for Azeroth: New Battleground & Arenas, And 7.3.5 World PvP Updates
- WoW: Battle for Azeroth Dungeons, Raids Preview, BlizzCon 2017
- Battle for Azeroth: Systems Deep Dive
- Online BlizzCon 2017 Q&A Forum Opens for Warcraft Fans
Battle for Azeroth Expansion Features Overview
A new level cap of 120 was also confirmed during the trailer for Battle for Azeroth. Plunder uncharted islands, Dominate Warfronts, and Allied Races were also teased and will be explored in posts to follow.
World of Warcraft: Classic Servers
The World of Warcraft opening ceremony announcements started off with a bang as World of Warcraft Classic is coming. Dedicated servers that will let players relive the original content of the Vanilla series are currently being worked on. The news was paired with the condition that it may take some time to get the servers live as they want it to be a very authentic vanilla experience.
Blizzard also announced that coming soon were the charity pet Shadow in plushie form. The sales for Shadow will go to Global Disaster relief fund to help victims of the recent hurricanes.