The artifacts we’ve acquired throughout Legion will indeed be transmoggable after the expansion, but there will be stipulations. Over the last week, community manager Aerythlea conveyed the Warcraft team’s current thoughts on what appearances will be available after the expansion window closes, and how players will go about mugging them.
Keep in mind that this is all still up in the air. Blizzard is still tracking and discussing the topic in a 500+ post thread and several other areas.
Will We Keep Artifact Appearances and Druid Shapeshift Forms After the Expansion?
- All artifact appearances and colors will be available for transmogging after the expansion ends. (Source)
- All druid shapeshift forms will also be available after the expansion ends (though exactly how this will work is undetermined). (Source)
- Each artifact will only be able to be transmogged for the class for which it was originally designed. (Source)
Can We Earn Artifact Appearances after the Expansion has Ended?
- All artifact appearances except +15 mythic dungeon appearances and Mage Tower challenge appearances can be earned after the expansion has ended. They’re essentially being viewed as the Challenge Mode rewards for Legion, like the Mists of Pandaria challenge mode dungeon transmog rewards. (Source)
- All artifact appearances award from the prestige system through honor earns will be acquirable after the expansion has ended. (Source)
- All artifact appearances awarded from the Balance of Power quest will be acquirable after the expansion has ended (source). Corrupted Essence drops have also been significantly buffed to make the questline much faster to finish (source).
With an expansion reveal likely on the horizon with BlizzCon 2017, players still likely have several months to earn all of the goodies packed into Legion. So, storm the Mage Tower and let the tears flow–get those challenge transmogs before 8.0!