A new build is being deployed to the Legion Beta test servers today and it also appears that the Warlords of Draenor Public Test Realms will be updated shortly with information for patch 7.0, the pre-release patch for Legion.
The patch notes for 7.0 were also briefly posted with information as to what will be included in this portion of the testing then taken down as it appears they were incomplete or inaccurate. However, we can make some assumptions as to what will be included in this patch.
- The expansion pre-patch generally includes any changes to classes (spell additions, changes, removals).
- With Legion all classes will be receiving rather significant changes which are detailed in a series of blogs detailed here: Legion Class Preview Changes.
- Character stats are also updated with this patch.
- In Legion items worn on the neck, rings, and cloaks will no longer provide a specific primary stat (Strength, Intellect, Agility) but will instead remain usable between specializations.
- Along with this change Spirit, Bonus Armor, and Multistrike are being removed.
- Existing items with Multistrike will have it replaced with another stat.
- Existing trinkets will also be retuned to be more in-line with the new itemization changes.
- Hunters and Shaman will now be able to equip Mail items beginning at Level 1.
- Warriors and Paladins will now be able to equip Plate items beginning at Level 1.
- Item rewards will be added to low-level quests to meet the new demands.
- Major and Minor glyphs are being removed from the game and glyphs will instead be applied directly to the effected spell in the spellbook.
- New scribe-crafted items are being added which will improve player’s performance against various raid bosses.
- The User Interface options have been streamlined, though many items which were removed are still available through the API.
- Visual performance has been greatly improved with three additional performance settings above the previous “Ultra” settings
- The visual performance settings slider has been reworked to a numerical value
- Combat visuals and audio have been updated
Revamped PvP Progression & Honor System
- The PvP system is being modified to provide a better experience for players
- Gear has been normalized for PvP combat, with stats and set bonuses removed while engaged in PvP combat.
- Stats will be assigned to players based on spec with increases based on item level.
- Honor and Conquest points have been removed and replaced with Marks of Honor
- Additional information on PvP changes can be read here: Legion PvP Preview
Transmogrification Collection System: Appearances Tab
- The Appearance Collection tab has been added
- Unlock new appearances by collecting Soulbound weapons and armor your character can equip.
- Unlocked appearances are account-wide and usable for transmogrification by other characters that can equip the item.
- When first logging into a character after Patch 7.0, the appearances of appropriate items in your bags, bank, and Void Storage are learned automatically. Additional appearances will be unlocked based on previously-completed quests.
- Transmogrifiers located in most major cities have been improved with additional features.
- Got a look that you like? Save the entire transmogrification set as an outfit. Create and swap between outfits at the Transmogrifier.
- Additionally, transmogrifications can now be associated with your current specialization. Your outfit automatically changes when switching specializations if you so desire.
- Added a new option to hide shoulders.
- The option to hide helmets, cloaks, and shoulders has been moved into the transmogrification system.
- Characters and guilds can now hold up to 9,999,999 gold
- Players can now have a maximum of 12 characters on a single realm
At this point all of these are things that may be included in the pre-release patch. Demon Hunters may also be included in this patch as well, but the early version of the patch notes posted earlier today did not indicate that they would be. Players who have pre-purchased the expansion digitally were told they would get early access to the new class so they may be included in a later version of the notes. Once the patch notes are reposted and the patch is deployed to the PTR for testing we’ll know more about what changes will be included.
Given the time frame between now and the announced release date, it’s likely this patch will be released to the Live realms August 2nd.