Today, we look at the Marksman Hunter artifact intro. Hunters will chase after Thas’dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners, an ornate bow, as well as follow on the trail of Alleria Windrunner. The journey places you alongside an unlikely alliance between the Silver Covenant and the Farstriders, as well as Alleria’s sister, Vereesa.
Artifact Intro Preview
Your journey for Thas’dorah begins in Dalaran with Courier Larkspear. Rumor has it that Alleria Windrunner, long lost sister of both the Banshee Queen (and current Warchief) Sylvanas and Ranger-General Vereesa of the Silver Covenant. Alleria was the last elf to wield the weapon, and rumors of her capture by the Burning Legion are as promising as they are frightening.
After flying down to the Broken Shore, you will meet up with Alleria, who will reveal that a captured demon knows Alleria’s whereabouts. Supposedly, Alleria is under inquisition on a Legion portal world known as Niskara. Her mage associate opens a gateway, admonishing the Windrunner that “time flows unpredictably so deep in the Nether.” After her Hunter associate Orestes barges through the portal, you and Vereesa follow.
On arriving, you will have to find Orestes, hunt down Alleria and Thas’dorah at the Legion’s Cathedral, and confront waves of demons. Generally:
- Impling Pursuers are easily countered by Barrage and Bursting Shot–basically any AoE burst.
- Felblade Defenders have more health and deal more damage, but are easily kited using Disengage, Concussive Shot for a slow, and your regular single-target skills.
- The first two “bosses,” Mistress Torvis and Herald Xarbizuld die quickly and don’t really call for a strategy.
- Icy Gaze and Fiery Gaze of Qormaladon die quickly to Barrage and Bursting Shot–do not get hit by the Icy ones or you will be frozen solid and easily overwhelmed by the Fiery ones.
- High Inquisitor Qormaladon should be interrupted with Countershot before he applies his slow (Shadowfrost Shard). Use Disengage to kite and do not get hit by his Icy Gaze minions.
Spoilers: Ultimately, the action-before-words Hunter Orestes is lost in the initial foray, as he arrived first and, due to the timey-whimey nature of the Nether, was overwhelmed before you ever arrived. Alleria is nowhere to be seen, and Vereesa guesses that the Legion lured her here with Thas’dorah in order to lure her sister, Alleria, back into their grasp.
Afterwards, you’ll teleport back to Dalaran and head for the Hunter Class Hall.
Follow our Legion Artifact coverage for more on the artifact intros, mechanics, and abilities. For more on the Unseen Path faction and Hunter Class Hall in Hightmountain, don’t miss our preview article!
Also on Obtaining the Artifact
- Demon Hunter
- Survival Hunter Artifact
- Marksman Hunter Artifact