Blizzard has posted a new round of updates to the Patch Notes for Patch 6.2, currently in testing on the PTR.
The updates include additional information about Bonus Events and a change to the currency used to purchase certain pieces of Apexis gear from vendors in Stormshield and Warspear.
As always, BOLD indicates an addition or change, italics indicate a removal. Strikethroughs are carryovers from Blizzard and are the same as italics.
- The Bonus Events system consists of a rotating schedule of seven different activities granting a passive bonus to a particular game activity, and offers a once-per-event quest with a noteworthy reward for accomplishing a related goal.
- The in-game calendar (located in the upper right-hand corner of the mini-map) will inform you of the type of Bonus Event and when it takes place
- While this Bonus Event is active, defeating enemies in any Draenor dungeon will award reputation with an appropriate faction. Completing several Mythic-difficulty Warlords dungeons as a part of a quest during the event awards a Heroic Hellfire Citadel Raid cache.
- During the Battlegrounds Bonus Event, characters will earn triple Honor points from random Battlegrounds. Completing the event quest by winning a few random Battlegrounds awards 500 Conquest Points, which do not count toward the weekly Conquest cap.
- Characters will earn triple Honor points from random Arena Skirmish matches during this event. A quest to win several random Arena Skirmish matches will award 500 Conquest Points, which do not count toward the weekly Conquest cap.
- Characters will gain triple the amount from eligible creatures during this Bonus Event. Completing several area assault objectives during the event awards a sizable amount of Oil to fuel new Naval Missions as a part of the Shipyard.
- During Pet Battle Bonus Events, you’ll be able to take your pets out for a little exercise and earn triple pet experience from battles. Winning several PvP Pet Battles as a part of a quest during the event awards the player with an Ultimate Battle-Training Stone that instantly levels a pet to 25.
- Players may now queue up in Dungeon Finder while engaged in PvP combat.
- Silversage Incense now only applies its effect to the character that placed the item.
- The first four tiers of Apexis gear (Crystal, Exceptional, Flawless, and Ethereal) no longer costs Apexis Crystals and can now be purchased with gold.
General Item Changes
- Pinchwhistle “Nitro Fuel” no longer triggers its effect in combat.
That’s all there is for tonight. As always you can check these changes out on the PTR which is available to any player with an active account, or you can wait for the release of patch 6.2, due to arrive sometime within the coming months.
Please note none of the changes listed above are final and are subject to change up until the patch is released to live realms.